Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Reflection and a fever of 103

I disappeared for a few days, and I mean disappeared.  I had a flu of some sort that took me out.  I slept practically around the clock for almost three days.   Feel much better now and looking forward to getting back to working out tomorrow.

One of the reasons I started this blog was to share this experience and help others in search of health and balance.  Another was to share my ever present silent chatter with those willing to read it.  Today's post will live up to those two ideals as usual.

Lately I have seen, heard about, read posts and emails from friends and family getting into yoga and many hot yoga.  Many friends along the way have joined me on this quest for balance and health.  Sometimes they join me for one class, some times they start a new journey of their own. Each one is on their own quest but maybe just maybe I helped open a door or reinforce a choice.  

I know that in my mind everyone is reading this blog and is as jazzed up about it as I am.  In reality folks are busy, they have their own lives, challenges and dreams.  Yet when I see several of my friends talking back and forth on facebook about trying out their local bikram or sweating it up in Yoga it makes me smile.   This is not a solitary journey.  The presence of more studios all the time shows that this is a movement.

Recently at the shiva for my grandmother my cousin Robin and I connected on our love of 'hot' as she calls it.  Robin is a Dr. in private practice with three kids and a busy world.  She does 'hot' as she calls it three times a week.  From experience she recognizes the healing power of the practice.

A friend and previous work associate of mine, Beth, recently commented about sweating it up in her yoga class that she started attending. It is a class that is helping her gain flexibility and start her on the journey. She also is a busy mother with a demanding job and has begun to find time for yoga.

Mary, a friend of mine that practiced with me on the Yoga Road Trip has continued to do classes at her local studio as well as doing classes at home when she does not have time to fit in a class.   She is regaining strength.

Jennifer another mother of boys juggling a busy work world and life.  She started taking classes proving to herself how strong she is and what she is capable of.

Recently a friend of my Sarah joined me for a class in Columbia. She has been doing yoga for years but has just recently started trying hot yoga.  It was her fourth class and she made it through the entire class for the first time.  She rocked it out and is very flexible.

My brother Daniel has started doing water yoga at his local health center.  I regret I did not have time to try that with him when I visited.  However, I am so happy for him that he is getting into it.  It is a great opportunity for him.

Then there is Pam doing check ins at her local Bikram and other friends swearing to join her.  The movement is spreading.

Jeanne a great friend has been doing yoga for years and swears by it.  She has the best posture of anyone I have ever known.   I have not yet got her into a hot class but the day will come.  Mwhahahahaha (evil laugh)

Then there are the yogi's that I know:  Shelby an old high school friend living the wise life and running a studio back home.   Renata, and old friend from junior high living in Barcelona and running a studio while she also dances flamenco.  

Then there are those just getting started in learning.  A dear friend is in the final steps of signing up for a great yoga training in curvy yoga.  I can't wait for her to do that training so I can learn as many adjustments as possible.  

I know I am missing many people in this log.   I hope I am missing even more as more and more get into this amazing journey.  Enjoy everyone and keep me posted on your progress.




No comments:

Post a Comment