Sunday, June 21, 2015

Shout out for the Dads. 1, 2, 3, Yah Dad...

To all the Dad's out there that are doing the job and leaving a legacy they are proud of, well done.

Here is my personal shout out to the Dad's in my life.  Don't forget to send some love to yours in this life or beyond.

To my Father, Cy Flacks and my Husband, Todd Narrol, I wish you relaxation, joy, clear breath, calm minds, love of your family, all your wishes come true and even a nap. Thank you for all you do.  You are appreciated.

To my Father: Firstly, I love you. Secondly, Dad you are such a wonderful father.  No matter what happens in our worlds, you are there in our corners.  You love with an unconditional calm clarity.  You've shown us the world in our vacations, with your stories of travels, and even the beyond in your bed time stories for my boys.

I have many memories of you hanging in the living room, feet up, listening to classical music, reading a book, maybe a cigar in your hand, at best a scotch. I remember how you shared in the victories of our family and picked us up from the challenges.  Contrary to popular belief you even made some funny jokes and sung some songs on key.  My Memories of you and your actions have guided me positively in my life.

That calm and gentle soul, to those that do not know you, may seem like a hard exterior with layers of analytical judgement to get through before entering the layers of emotions driven by the heart.  But anyone who knows you, knows that you are a big mush bear who loves forever and with constancy, generosity, intellect, and joy.

Dad, thank you for all you do, and have done, for me, for my children and for our family.  You are the core, the root of our circle, and boy you have planted good strong root stock to will guide us all our lives.


To My Husband: Firstly, I love you. Secondly, you are such a wonderful Dad.  I am so glad you are the person I am sharing the family journey with.  Our family is built on strength and love and you are our anchor.  You are doing the job and standing strong on this journey; forever pushing forward and cracking us up.  

We love you so much. Through all the kids fights, stomach flues, school concerts, bike rides, family hikes, amazing vacations, days at theme parks, birthday parties, guitar jams, mother's days, etc. the strength of your love powers us through. You push through with music, humor and adventure in your spirit.

Your adventurous spirit and drive takes us amazing places, often driving ridiculous hours on energy drinks to make it happen. Then you dive in, with minimal sleep, showing a love of life and the natural beauty of the world.  Our children learn that spirit from you. 

While you have always been the Alpha to our dogs, most recently you have bonded with Teddy, our dog.  You have committed to walking him and spending time with him.  You have learned the joy of that unconditional love and happiness that is the life blood of the dog in it's family pack.   Thank you for being that dude.  

You are building a world for our two boys that they will take forward pride.  They will remember your drive, devotion, and humor all their days, as will I.  


Todd, thank you for all you do for our family.  You are my love, my soul, my partner and the Dad.


No comments:

Post a Comment