Sunday, July 29, 2018

So very disgruntled...

It has been a while since I have blogged here.  The political situation in this country is enough to drive someone to the moon and back.  I am obviously on the liberal side of most issues but not all.  I also have the unique perspective of having living in Canada till I was 26 and also having traveled extensively to other countries and cultures. 

I have stayed away from this blog because once I start going things are going to get real quick.  What the hell is going on in this country and in this world!!!   The balance is off, the apple cart is tipped over, the bulls are running through the streets and it is all running a muck.   

When I was in my early 20's I hated the Simpsons when my friends were watching it and laughing at ridiculousness of the characters. I was crying as I knew this was not just something to make fun of.  This was the real way many people acted and aspired to be.  Now we live in Idiocracy,  We live in a world so far beyond the Simpsons, South Park, King of the Hill and on and on as the bar for crude humor goes up and up and up.

We live in Trump's America where it is acceptable to show the lowest moral standards, to call strong and ethical Women Leaders Pocahontas. It is just fine to drag the reality of truth through the mud.  This is a world where the freedom of the press is in jeopardy and a woman's control of her body is in question.  This is a world without compassion where it is brother against brother with no room for ethics or sense.  This is a world where the "They" are an enemy. 

This is not the America I want to live in.  Each day I check the news sources to see the unraveling of the fabric of democracy.  Then I check the other sided news and see a different outlook on the same stores, some stories suspiciously missing while others appeal to a totally different base.  Somewhere in all of this is a network for greedy, rich, powerful and unscrupulous bastards that are getting fat on our stress and pain.

Yes, I am mighty disgruntled.  If you don't mind my ramblings, tense switches and typing snafus, you are welcome to come along for the ride.  Here she Blows!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment