Monday, March 24, 2014

Call Me Spring... Maybe...

My youngest showing my dad his tree pose.  Cutie.

Well we are now officially in the spring in Missouri.  One day warm and windy the next cold and windy.  Our  forecast looks like we are commitment 'phobs'. We are scared to really give up the cold, scared to take on the warmth and let ourselves start to bloom.   A few more days in the 70's would sure help out.  

The garden plant starts are growing on trays in front of the kitchen sliding glass and are reaching out for those rays of light so lovingly sent by the sun to sustain our planet.   The ground might just soften up and warn up enough to plant these babies some time soon.

The yoga challenge continues.  I am now 20 days into this 40 day challenge and I have done 16 hot yoga classes and am thus on track to make the 30 in 40.   I actually had to take a few off last week due to some normal life events that kept me from focusing on myself.   No big deal and still on track.   I really like doing challenges this way as it respects that life happens and one must do the best they can but can not be perfect. 

The gluten free has been really easy to add to my sugar maintenance diet, which I have been rocking since January 14th.   No wheat and staying away from gluten is not so hard when there are so many cool products and options out there.  The sugar maintenance diet does not let me freak out on carbs anyway so it has been rather easy to drop the gluten.  I am happy with rice and quinoa and the occasional gluten free bread option. 

I feel like there has been quite the progress concentrating on my core.   I continue to lose weight, seeing the difference in my clothing and my practice.  The weight loss seems to be focusing somewhat on my core or belly which has been a trouble area for some time.  While I would say I have an hour glass figure as I  have gotten bigger and older I seem to have developed this Mother Earth belly that made people question if I am having another child.   So to see progress here is quite the miracle.  

My husband commented that my mind is even faster.   I have one of those very active minds that are constantly multitasking and sits two sentence ahead on many conversation.  I try to slow down... really I do.   Yet, I would have to agree that I have more energy and more drive to go along with a little more clarity.  Today I went to hot yoga at 9:00, then my husband and I spent 5 hours emptying out our garage of 15 years of crap. After sorting through it all I cooked dinner for 7 people, and then at 8:45 at night was considering hitting the grocery store. Either I have developed more energy or someone slipped me something in my decaf coffee.  

So I would have to give the two thumbs up to the gluten free, sugar maintenance, hot yoga combo.   


2 comments: