Sunday, June 22, 2014

Element: Wind

Then there was wind.

The second meditative moment on this trip came in the Grand Canyon on the Imperial Point Trail along the ridge of the canyon.   Firstly let me say that the north side of the canyon is a incredibly well kept secret.  It is like the Canadian side of Niagara Falls.  It is stunning, over 3000 feet higher in elevation at the highest point and only gets about 10% as many visitors.  It has more trails and more area to explore.  So if you have not gone there you should try it out.  It is a good drive through some of the most uninhabited Navajo reserves.   So fill up with gas when you see it.   


Anyway so we were at the Imperial Point doing a great hike.  I was walking next to my son Jordan being a rock hound.  We were looking at the rocks along the path noticing how they where changing as we went deeper down into the canyon.  The rocks started looking like compact sand with lots of shinny surfaces and became more volcanic as we went down.   

At about 3/4 of the way down I noticed the rocks were looking more volcanic.   Also the occasional white hard crusty bubble was coming out of the rocks.  Then I noticed that these bubbles contained crystals with crystal structures exposed in some of them.   The entire area felt like it was a crystal garden.   This pleased my son very much as he picked up rock after rock to evaluate.   

As I walked below this level I felt the pull of the crystal den and told my kids and husband to go ahead as I hoped to mediate.   I walked back up to the crystal den and found a sweet large rock with a great view over the canyon.  I sat down and the first thing I thought was 'oh my butt'.  I remembered the bruises I had from my riding experience in Durango.  Nice.  

So I found a comfortable if not so relaxed position to meditate in.   This energy of the crystals I was sitting on helped to bring the meditation on easy.  I felt the wind blowing up and out of the canyon.  The power of the wind was wonderful.  It had nowhere to go but up and out of the canyon.  It sailed up and around me, through me, supporting me, pushing me.   

I felt this wind and knew the undying strength of it's path.  I also felt my body accepting the guidance of it and feeling its strength.  I connected with the knowledge that as the wind blows it brings you through the journey of life as you need to.  You can not buckle to the wind you have to move with it and allow it to bring you the clarity of brilliance as it brings the crystals out of rocks.  It erodes its way through the strength of rock with the unrelenting passage of time.  

This connected me to issues of my career development.  I have learned that the wind will blow and we have the choice to engage the pressure or allow the wind to help direct us taking away the stress, lack of clarity and confidence.  This can leave us strong and less encumbered and more directed to  purpose.  Taking away the distractions and tangents can leave us feeling uncomplicated by ego and ready to be free with the direction the wind is blowing.  

This second element brought me the strength and clarity of the wind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment