Monday, June 17, 2013

Jump, Jump Up and Get Down

This was a great and crazy weekend.  Had my son Jordan's birthday party Saturday during the day and my birthday party Saturday night going to see one of my favorite bands 'Dirtfoot'.   Great fun funky gypsy swamp grass funk if you can imagine.  Check them out on pandora etc. as they are wonderful.

The band came on later in the evening and I had already had several drinks and a lovely dinner with friends.   I started dancing, as you can't not dance to dirtfoot.   I was dancing for a while when my shoes started to bug me a little.  Now my feet history has been kind of sorted.   Had plantar fascistic for several years, weak ankles, easily and frequent swelling of the feet etc...   Yet I remember when I was young and I used to dance bare foot for hours and feel no pain.   At 44 not so much...

So I took my shoes off and set them aside by the bar and started to dance.   I notice right off that boy did I ever have some hops.   I was jumping straight up into the air landing and doing it again and again.  OK I am sure that the lovely drinks friends were buying me may have helped a little, but I know there is no way on earth I could have done this 6 months ago.  I dance for the better part of three hours this way, jumping and moving to this fantastic music.

We headed home around 1:00 and got a short night sleep before farther's day fun the next morning.  I was feeling the drinks some, as I really don't do that often.    Yet I felt no pain in my feet, legs, back etc... In fact I felt pretty darn good having gotten my suppressed boogie out.  

In the Hot Yoga routine there are several movements that have accounted for this great foot health.  One is a sequence they were you go up on your toes and lower down like you have a wall behind you. You take about 10 second to slowly lower down about half way and then hold it there. You keep pressing up on your toes to strengthen the arch.   I do this one each time knowing it is essential to foot health. I don't wear heals at all,so this is always a rather difficult for me.  Yet I had not realized how wonderful it was until I went dancing without shoes.  I may have come away with Dirtfoot, but boy did I have some strong dirty feet and calves.

No comments:

Post a Comment