Thursday, May 16, 2013

By the Way Side

So it is Day 22:

My son Joel has been sick the last two days. Poor little dude.  His birthday party is this weekend and I hope he can get better to enjoy it.  So what happens to my life when something like this happens... my schedule goes by the way side.   

A bit of history and context: I had a teacher in grade 11 for the class, personal note taking.  Yes the class was actually a short hand class teaching us a way to take notes in college that would be fast and flexible.  She was from the Islands and had the most correct grammar and annunciation of anyone I ever knew.   So during a test she used the saying 'by the way side'.  I was so thrown off by that saying that I stopped writing and failed to pick back up in the flow.  I failed the quiz. 

So I feel like my schedule has gone to the bloody way side for the love of god.  

Needless to say I am not getting the work done, the garden in etc... This equals a level of stress that effects my inner balance and apparently my yoga practice.  So I make it to the 5:45 pm class stressing on the possibilities of me catching what Joel has.  He has smushed his cute, snotty, sick little self all over me off and on all day.  Maybe I am just reacting to the onions I pulled from my garden that morning. 

Onions can give me a mild reaction that lasts a couple of day.  So I get there with hope that the class will help balance me and spark my immune system.   Putting the weight of the world on my yoga practice.  

I can tell you I was off on balance and took three breaks.  I lay there feeling off my game and looking myself in the mirror, not loving what I was seeing.  By my second break I had gotten somewhere.  I felt more relaxed and even more by the third.  However I wish I could say this was the cure to all things in life.  But this was a helper.  I was happy for the help. Yet, I will feel better when Joel is better and we can get out of the way side.  

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say that I love all your memories and stories that you bring to this blog! I'm learning more about you and I love that.

    ReplyDelete