Saturday, May 25, 2013

I miss it and outcomes

Day one no hot yoga.  It is odd.  I feel weird.

I did go to Curves this morning and do a Curves work out.  I figured it was going to be really easy being this big tough hot yoga girl. I forgot that curves machines are so great that they react as hard as you push them.  So I actually got a pretty good weight lifting work out at Curves today.

I miss hot yoga.  I know I should not as I am going to go back tomorrow.  But It really helps to center me and get all the anxiety out.  I miss the release of extreme exercise.  I also feel like my cold is more snotty today as no sweat to cook it out of me.

Now for the good news.  I got measured this morning at curves.

Here we go: these are the numbers I dropped during the 30 days.  I know I dropped weight too but the weight numbers freak me out and don't motivate me like the measurements do.

Bust: 2 inches
Waist: 2.5 Inches
Abdomen: 1.25 Inches
Hips: 2 inches
Thighs: 2.25 per leg
Arm: 1 inch.

This is quite the reduction.  Here are my overalls starting Mid November.  I don't have any numbers from when I first started.

Bust: 3.5 inches
Waist: 6,25 inches
Abdomen 5.5 inches
Hips: 7,5 inches
Thighs: 5.75 per leg
Arm: 2 inch

So not only is it all wonderful but the amount of decrease during the one month of daily hot yoga is significant compared to the full reduction.  Overall I would say wildly successful all around.  I am excited about what the summer of intense hot yoga is going to do.  

For the first time for many years my waist is actually below 40 inch's.  That is a huge accomplishment for me.   My thighs are probably the smallest they have been in my adult life.  This is very motivational.  

To top it off my blog is over 1100 page views.  Thank you all for reading and sharing this with your friends.  I hope to motivate many people along this road.  I already have a friend lined up to try Monday's hot yoga class with me for her first time.   



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Laura! Your hard work and dedication have paid off, and you have definitely motivated me to get back on the yoga path. Maybe I need to try hot yoga too!

    ReplyDelete