Friday, May 10, 2013

The skin

Day 16: I am over half way there.  On the down hill slide if you would.

Lately I have noticed that my skin is changing.  I know that all this sweating and detox through the skin has been good for me.   People have commented on the glow my skin seems to be giving off.  Thankfully I can be glowing and not pregnant.  Phew...

I usually have very dry heals with frequent cracking.  I think the daily sweating and moisture level in the room has turned this around.  I know it has been months since my last pedicure because my toenail polish has grown off.  Yet my heals are looking good, no cracks and no dry skin.

My skin on my hands and arms is very soft.  I have not been using any moisturizers but my skin seems rather hydrated. My face has had one break out session but otherwise has been really quite clear.  The weird thing is that this soft skin has a bad side. I seem to get blisters on my feet real easy from rubbing shoes.  Even just having a shoe rub for a few minutes can break the skin.  I wonder if that is also because my feet have lost weight and my shoes are fitting differently.  Either way it is an interesting observation.

Any of you that know me know. that I have vitiligo, a skin condition that causes white patches to form where the pigment does not take on color.  This also causes burning when I don't use sun screen or wear hats, thus the great hat collection.   So the question is what will happen this summer as I continue to do Hot Yoga? Will all this detoxification help with the vitiligo?  In the past small areas have shown some spots of color coming back but very slowly, however the white areas continue to also slowly grow.  I am really excited to see if this practice will jump start my skin to take on new pigment.

Another skin observation is in elasticity.  When I started this journey I was worried about elasticity of the skin.  I knew that I would lose weight and get smaller.  I know people who have lost weight really fast and their skin could not keep up with it.  Usually they have had a stomach surgery or have done some other fast diet that does not include exercise.

Now I have a long way to go so by no way is the jury out on this one.  I can only say so far, that parts of my skin are managing to have some good luck with elasticity. The truth on this will not be known for some time. I can say that with the increase in muscles at the same time as decrease in fat I have seen some decent results.  My legs seem to have a lot less cellulite, are much smaller, and have less skin issues then they did before I started.  So I guess that is a good sign.  I am no spring chicken so I don't expect miracles.  I just want to feel good and look good in my clothing.




No comments:

Post a Comment