Saturday, May 4, 2013

Trifecta

So the trifecta that seems to have worked so far has been Curves which I started in the fall, My Fitness Pal which I started December 31st and Hot yoga which I started December 19th. The combination of constant work outs and shocking the system up and down has really helped me get in control of my body.

I had a realization on the mat the other day. This was before I started the Challenge of doing Hot Yoga for 30 days. I was in tree pose. This is at a point in the work out where you have completed the two most challenging parts of the routine, the standing series and the flow series. You are sealing in your practice. The rest the class, probably 20 minutes, is floor work, stretching and cool down.

So, I was in tree pose. I was looking myself directly in the eye and being thankful and congratulatory to myself. This is a time of connection and thankfulness. Anyway, So I thought to myself that my body had carried me through the first half of life and now it was my turn to carry my body through the second half. This was thought with love and determination.

The self reflection of the connection made in looking yourself in the eye for a yoga practice each day is tremendous. A inner journey as well as an external one. So there I was looking over the continental dived of my life picking up the burden and challenge of healing my body and carrying it forward with purposeful steps. Over we go ladies and gentlemen.



No comments:

Post a Comment