Sunday, May 26, 2013

Healing Power Demonstration 101

So I returned today after my big one day off and I was so thankful.  Yesterday was one of those days when you have a cold that just keep rolling.  You wonder, how can a living human thing lose so much moisture through their nose and where in god's green earth has it been hiding.  I went through a box of tissue and ending up with a red nose rivaling the alcoholic down at the bars.  It was one of those days where you need to have a tissue before you sneeze because you never know what is going to happen.  I felt so congested with no release.  

The day wore on with slow tension.  I did go to Curves so I got a work out in but it was not the same calm and focus that my yoga practice was bringing.   The day also seemed longer.  I have to admit Hot Yoga is a time commitment.  The way I have been doing it the first part of the day is gone.  So by the end of the day I felt like I had more day than usual to fill.  

This morning I was up and dressed and ready to go early.  I just wanted to get to Yoga.  My head was still clogged.  I was not blowing my nose as much but I felt like I could not breath through my left side at all.  My right was only partly open for air.   I felt like my sinuses had gone back a step.   

So I got to yoga and started the practice.  I was curious to see how my sinuses would react.  Would they release and allow me to breath.  Yoga requires nose breathing and deep breathing.  It was about 10 minutes in. Right about to the half moon pose when all of a sudden it just opened up.  Free!!!!!!!!!!

All of a sudden I could breath freely through both sides and I just stood there and breathed and breathed and breathed like it was a gift of sunshine.   It just kept getting better as the sweat dripped down my face.  Opening and accepting air and life.   This was a teaching moment.  A moment were I was thankful that I had this wonderful practice in my life and in my soul.  It was healing.  Now, did the day off allow the sickness to do it's thing, so that I could then have this healing, or did the day off work the other way and allow the sickness to dig in.  Not sure about that, but am sure that yoga kicked it's butt, helping in the healing process. 

The practice itself was strong.  I felt strong.  The day off had helped my muscles regain some strength.  I felt the relief of a break for my hips.  My balance was also strong.  I know the day off was good for my muscular body.

So, maybe being sick at the end of this process was necessary to help me learn, and prove to myself the healing power of this process.  Learning is hard some times... 

No comments:

Post a Comment