Tuesday, May 21, 2013

One day at a time. One move at a time.

Day 27:

Today I really feel like I am getting one of those spring colds. A little hot behind the eyes. A little sinus pressure. So far not enough to really take me out of commission.  I have three days left. No time for sickness.  I must finish strong. So I am stressing on it which is probably making me worse. I need to just breathe and see what happens. One day at a time. One move at a time. 

Today I got to help out at my kids schools field day. Totally cute kids having a blast. I was running the obstacle course. Some kids ran like crazy while others wanted to do as little as possible. I felt like encouraging those kids to get in the habit of being active now. Not to wait until your body gives you the choice between ruin and taking action. I wanted to say not to let their body image get in the way. Just to do their best.  

I wanted to tell the girls they could do anything they wanted and not to let their insecurities or other people's expectations keep them down.  They were brimming with new potential, however they have such a long and challenging road to travel.  One day at a time.  One move at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment